If you're looking to provide specific spending summaries, audit user transactions, or otherwise dig into the activity of your employees using Benepass, you'll want to get familiar with our new Spending Report options.
In this article, we'll look at all filtering and sorting functions available, common reporting presets, and more.
Where to Locate Employee Spend Data
When you click into the Reports tab on the Admin Dashboard, the view generated will default to "Spending". You'll see an unfiltered view of all recent employee transactions, including both card spending and expense submissions.
Benepass has recently rolled out expanded and improved data filtering in-platform to save your team the work of modifying transaction data manually. Let's look at all filtering options here.
Select the specific date range, or select one of our preset reporting periods.
Filter data in-platform before downloading.
- Benefit Name: Breakdown spending by benefit(s)
- Country: Breakdown spending by employee location(s)
- Local Currency: Breakdown spending by local currency used for a purchase
- Taxability: Breakdown spending by taxable or non-taxable transactions
- Transaction Status: Breakdown spending by the possible transaction states
- Transaction Type: Breakdown spending by card transactions and expenses
For more details on Transaction Statuses and Types, please visit this article.
Preset Spending Reports
Utilize preset filter combinations to quickly generate common monthly reporting.
Benepass provides preset filters for easy reporting. To learn more about these presets and the intended use of each, please visit these articles.
- Report Guide: Imputed Income
- Report Guide: International Reimbursements
Aggregating Data Options
Use our quick aggregate feature to summarize spending by employee or location.
- Combining Filters: Apply multiple filters and aggregation methods at once to customize your report.
Search Function: Utilize the search function for even further specificity.
- Employee Name / Email
- Merchant Name
Once you've organized the data to your liking, you can download your current view as a CSV.
The filtering options on the Spending Report tab include URL based indicators that allow you to bookmark custom reports. Once you've filtered down to your preferred report filters, simply save the URL!
Questions? We are happy to help! Please reach out to Benepass Support for any assistance.